Nästa version av Kodi är klar!
Några av nyheterna:
Event loggning, det går nu att se vilka filer som inte kunde indexeras och varför.
Longpress, genom att trycka länge finns nu fler möjligheter att navigera.
Rollback, hjälper dig arr rulla tillbaka vid uppdatering och något går fel.
Music library – bättre hantering kring inläsning av filer till databasen.
DirectX11 – erbjuder flera förbättrade gui och grafikrenderingar.
• Start of integration of ADSP (Audio Digital Signal Processing) handling (no add-ons shipped yet)
• Improve image resizing and caching algorithm to improve image quality of images
• Added support for the musicbrainz “ARTISTS” tag in id3v2, ape, xiph.
• Add date added to music library and use it for sorting
• Support saving skin settings as add-on data instead of in guisettings.xml
• Image resource add-ons which provides common image libraries than can be used by several skins and add-ons.
• Don’t mess with the long and short date formats defined in the language files
• Win32: Proper 24.0/60.0 Hz refresh rate in fake fullscreen mode
• Add sort method for albums “artist / year”. This will sort the albums chronological per artist.
• Moved some add-on categories to “look and feel” in add-on manager
• Series recording added for PVR
• Add a “none” option for preferred subtitles
• Properly handle wired or bluetooth headsets on Android and only use PCM output
• Fix playback of VP9 and VC1 video codecs on Android
• Use best possible icons from other Android apps while browsing these in Kodi
• Enable true 1920×1080 output on AMLogic device without up-scaling
• Add Korean, Chinese and Czech keyboards
• Add multi-touch support for Linux platform
• Improve touch-screen keymapping
• The item that you had previously chosen will now be selected in the selection list instead of just starting at the top of the list
• Decouple Kodi and system volume on Android which removes the double audio volume slider
• Karaoke support has been completely removed as it wasn’t functional
• Further improve DX11 implementation in Windows
• iOS9 support
• Various PVR fixes and improvements
• Various improvements to the music section
• Three finger touchpad mapping in iOS to make room for new tablet gestures which will be available in Alpha 4 to complement existing tablet gestures.
• Kodi now supports being compiled with Xcode 7
• The Kodi GUI now supports a new stereoscopic depth effect for users of Kodi on 3D TVs or VR headsets
• Add stereoscopic depth for Confluence skin
• Extended support for browsing movies by country and through UPnP as well as user-ratings which we be added in future versions.
An enormous list of improvements
Besides the list above there has been a lot of work done in all areas in our source code. Removing old code, splitting up parts in more logical chunks and making it all more resilient to future changes. All these changes are part of a massive change list that only makes sense to developers actually knowing what the source code does. In short we will no bother you all with summing up the list. It’s just something that is worth mentioning that not all improvements have to be actual features and are visible to users. We prefer that the program actually works than adding bells and whistles.